COVID-19 Protection concept and measures of the Swiss Youth Hostels
The health of our guests, employees and fellow human beings is of utmost importance to us. We, therefore, provide regularly updated information about the measures taken in connection with Corona.
Swiss Youth Hostels have drawn up a national protection concept (in conformity with the Swiss Hotel Association) for all youth hostels, which is continuously adapted to the cantonal regulations. All staff members are trained accordingly. The protection concept in brief:
- We adhere strictly to the rules of the BAG (Federal Health Office).
- For all guests over 12 years of age, the wearing of a mask is mandatory in public rooms.
- Dispensers with disinfectant for the hands are placed in all public rooms.
- Common touch points are cleaned and disinfected several times a day.
- A maximum of four persons or families with children living in the same household may sit at each table in the restaurant/dining room.
- In the restaurant/dining room, the minimum distance between the tables is observed.
- Employees are trained in protective behavior, in the use of protective material and in proper cleaning.
- Cash payment should be avoided, whenever possible.